Monday, August 14, 2006

Term 3 exam that was...

It is hard to start writing once you have stopped. I am starting out thinking the opposite will be true. Gone are days when I thought exams as a once in a semester event. Exams here are conducted every two weeks. Thats like saying if you are free this weekend you will writing exams next weekend. I have finished my third mid term exams - one on Corporate Finance and the other on Operations Management.

Here is one interesting question I faced:
What is the best time to polish your shoe? Is it a) before wearing it b) after wearing it c) as and when needed d) periodically. First thing that struck me in the hall was chappals. Why? If you are thinking this is all simple and funny, let me add this to give a clearer picture - your choice should be based on Lean Manufacturing. Lean What? See Wikipedia on what this is.

The point is it is question like this that sometimes catch you off-guard. Did I mention that in my marketing exam I got a full page advertisement and was asked to comment on it. Anyway these questions are fun to write. You think you know the obvious but explaining what seems commonsense becomes difficult beyond a certain point on paper however creative one is in business poetry!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home