Monday, July 24, 2006

Term 2 whizz along

Back to the blogosphere. So many things have happened so fast. Term 2 seemed faster than term 1. Every term I seem to be accumulating knowledge. Information would be a wrong word but I can't help realize that unless I apply either to what I did back at my work it is really plain information. To me marketing and magnetism are topics I know. I can talk about one topic as good as the other. THe point is how is marketing going to be more relevant than magnetism.

Subjects learnt in term2:
Decision Modelling and Optimization : Basic Linear programming. Folks with Mechanical Engineering background found topics relatively easy. Those with CS background were comfortable with graph theory. I might say Monte Carlo simulations although they were run by a tool.

Competitive Strategy: Porter is a familiar name. I liked the subject but there were too many frameworks that one need to use when analysing firms which gave a theoretical feel.

Marketing Decision Making: Models, models and more models. This subject was more interesting that Marketing I from previous term. Most of what we learnt in theory were practically applied in the Markstrat game. All the nightouts and strategies we tried was fun and at times testing.

Macroeconomics: Complements the microeconomics course from Term 1. Interesting and byfar the practical subject I've learnt. It gets interesting when it gets to nation's economy, inflation, unemployment.

I'll write about the leadership program, and term3 in my next posts.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home