Sunday, May 21, 2006

A weekend after the exams

One of those good days when I get to do what I like without worrying (too much) about assignments. The mid term exams are over. The two weeks of lectures culminated in a 3.5 hour operose exercise using open books or a summarized 1-page "cheat" sheet. Not all exams are that way. Infact open book exams tend to be tougher that closed ones. Unlike in undergrads where one could write theory, here one need not write much - it is problem solving and MCQs. So the answer to any question is simple - either you know it or you don't!

The president elections are over and now it is turn to campaign for coveted posts of directors in student life council, placements and marketing. I was initially interested in academic affairs but have decided to stay off. Had some interesting chit chat on why someone would/would not want to be a president or a director. A few students have been advertising through emails (as posters are disallowed) and the repartee with the rallying is neat. Soapbox presentations are scheduled from these candidates.

More often than not in elections, voters tend to get impressed with one quality of remote relevance which may tilt the balance in favour of that candidate. I find this true outside the elections too. If you find a person with a quality you admire, you are bound to admire that person and, unless exercise caution, involuntarily admire their personality also. How then are good qualities different from good personalities? Maybe I'll ramble on this one later. A reminder tells me that I do have assignments after all but with extended deadlines. Back to reality.

PS: I mentioned about the posting photos some time back - I'll do that in my next.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home