Friday, May 05, 2006

Term1 begins

My first week in the core terms - partly strenuous and partly fun. Life in ISB sure moves at a fast pace. I have been juggling a lot of things in a 24 hour schedule. My colleague says student life here needs a 30-hour day with the 6 hours for sleep. Weekend starts late Thursday. That's a reprieve from the intensity only if there are little/no assignments! But again the nature of program is such that one is occupied all the time. I need to balance my time well with the activities I wish to do. I tried playing tennis for sometime yesterday. Sleeping is slowly becoming a weekend hobby.

Student class participation is increasing and the CP King and CP Queen nominations have unofficially begun in my section. The professors are par excellence. It is great to attend a session on Statistics from professor Robert Stine of Wharton and then a session on marketing by professor Asim Ansari from Columbia. Professor Mark Finn from Kellog amazed me by his sense of time in Accounting class. He once told us that he was behind schedule by 5 minutes! Even otherwise I have noticed that punctuality is a hallmark here. All activities begin and end on time (except the student discussions ofcourse!).

The student clubs have started the activities. For the first time I attended the entrepreneurship club meeting. An IITian who had started his venture gave an impressive presentation on his company. His company turnover was good and I could only guess why he was here.

On a different note, my quest for finding peacocks ends and I finally spotted the elusive ones in campus. I'll try to post some pictures.


2 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, May 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We tried our best to prepare you for the late nights. But you never listened. Hopefully, when u come back you will not be the first one to complain about lack of sleep.

Ashok

 
At 10:52 PM, May 09, 2006, Blogger Karthik said...

maybe maximised what I had then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home