Saturday, January 28, 2006

Cricket

I renewed my interest in playing cricket. Last time I played a match was two years ago in my team. I have been practicing for three weeks now -three matches actually! - at the local BTM playground preparing for our team tennis-ball match. I will continue to play on weekends maybe till next week. The weather is sunny and we start at 7am.

In all matches played, I scored a few boundaries. I had lost touch with bowling - in the first match I ended up bowling a number of bouncers and wides. Worse all my soft muscles started complaining after the first game. Things have improved since. I seem to have a better control on the ball now.


5 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, January 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool gsb! though i have some difficulty imagining you playing cricket regularly!

 
At 12:54 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger deepsan said...

local BTM playground?

 
At 11:55 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Karthik said...

I did play when you (Chandan) were here.

The BTM layout ground close to Udupi garden.

 
At 7:16 AM, February 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How were the cricket matches? How many more boundaries and was there a improvement in ur bowling? Have he games toned up ur muscles?

 
At 9:49 AM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Karthik said...

Good - there were a good lot of players trying to bat and bowl after a long time.

The team comment after the match - "It does not matter whether you loose or win. Its the spirit in which the game is played...".

No muscles toned for 12 balls in a 13 overs game...

-- Post your name besides the anonymous comment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home